Thriving Southland is a farmer-led project is aimed at driving positive change in our primary sector in Southland by working with farmers and supporting Catchment Groups as agents for change.
A prosperous Southland, healthy people, healthy environment from the mountains to the sea.
For the Southland community to work together for a better future for all. Protecting Southland's prosperity, heritage, environment and health through community collaboration.
1. Regional Leadership
Empower Community, Primary sector and Government agencies to collaborate for cohesive outcomes for Southland
- One vision for the Region
- Alignment of regional initiatives through a Regional leadership group
- Processors and businesses engaged in the regional vision
- The Vision extends beyond the primary sector to embrace the Region as a whole
2. Embrace Change
Southland’s producers and businesses embrace dynamic change as the new normal
- Change is seen in a positive light by producers
- Strong link to consumer requirements
- Processors incentivise change
- Producers and businesses are supported through Communities of Practice
- Rural professionals are engaged in the vision and outcomes to work with client
3. Regional Story
Leverage Southland’s unique location and environment to take premium Southland products to global markets.
- Products and tourist experiences will be sustainable, accountable, trace-able
- Products will carry certification that aligns with global trends in consumer demands
- The region will have an accreditation scheme supported by processors and business
- Southland will have a regional marketing plan